Location: Lake Magadi Hot Springs
Photography: Isabel Maingi
Not so long ago we did a road trip down to Lake Magadi. I love doing long drives with friends and awesome company, however (insert Ian Mbugua’s voice), the route to this location needs some serious upgrade whoa! Word of advice a 4 wheel vehicle would be preferable for this, anything else do not attempt! It took us a good 5hrs to get to the location.
Today’s article is one of those you let the pictures do the talking….
What to carry:
1. A camera.
2. Sun glasses and sunscreen.
2. Money to buy locally made crafts and jewelery and any other expenses that may arise.
3. A swimming costume, towels and sun screen – The springs are not very hot, one can therefore take a dip in the water. There’s also a swimming pool, If I’m not wrong the charges should be Kshs. 500
4. Moisturizer / Lotion – The water leaves you with an ashy look and could leave your skin very dry after washing up.
What to wear:
1. Comfortable shoes and clothes for ease of walking around.
2. Sandals to wear in the shower.